September 3, 2008

Sabbatical Approaching!!!!

The countdown to the start of my first sabbatical at Intel has begun. My last day of work will be Sept 16th and then Lora and I headoff to Europe with my parents for a sure to be adventurous trek through Europe :-) We are excited to go and spend the time with my parents who have taken the lead on the planning of the trip. Without them, our European travels never would have gotten off the ground.

I've posted a map of the places we will be going and an approxomite timeline. (About 1200 miles of driving in ~3 weeks)

A-B. Paris, France (Sept. 18-22)
C. Trier, Germany (Sept. 22)
D. Beilstein, Germany (Sept. 23)
E. Cochem, Germany (Sept. 24)
F. Oberwesel, Germany (Sept. 25)
G. Bensheim, Germany (Sept. 26-27)
H. Rothenburg, Germany (Sept. 28-29)
I. Zurich, Switzerland (Sept. 30 - Oct 1)
J. Colmar, France (Oct. 2-3)
K. Beaune, France (Oct. 4-5)
L. Vezelay, France (Oct. 6)
M. Somewhere close to Paris????? (Oct. 7)
Paris, France (Oct. 8) Heading Home @ 12:45pm

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! My bags are packed and ready to go....it was so nice of you and Lora to offer to take me along on an all expense paid trip!! Oh wait, no, while you are exploring Europe I will be at work, school, and an internship (hopefully!)...enjoy! I am excited to live vicariously through the two of you...don't disappoint!! :)

Kevin and Lora said...

You and Mike should totally join up with us! We could use a DD through Burgundy ;-)

Unknown said...

how can you completely skip bordeaux? no more wine nights for you :P

John said...

I feel like I've seen this post somewhere before. Oh that's right, on our blog.

Kevin and Lora said...

Dave, Bordeaux will have to be another trip...and what wine nights :-)

John, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

John said...

As long as it's acknowledged, I'm OK with that.