September 18, 2008

Bonjour!

A word of advice for anyone who wishes to visit Paris. DO NOT RENT A CAR! Luckily, we did not rent a car but took an airport shuttle to our hotel. Despite this it appeared we still almost died at several points along the way. We were amazed at the chaos of driving through the narrow city streets of Paris with no dicernable lines indicating lanes.

I do not look forward to picking up and driving our rental car out of Paris in a few days....it will be an adventure! Jan and Mel, am I still in in Good Hands with Allstate?

We have adjusted well to Parisian life. Hotel is very cute. Lunch was great, Ham and Cheese on a French Baquette never tasted better. We toured the Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoyed a pleasant carefree stroll through the streets of Paris.

We are recharging and preparing for a wonderful dinner before calling it an early night. Overall jet lag has not been too bad...ask us tomorrow.

2 comments:

John said...

I was 18 (and illegal to drive in Europe) my first trip to Paris. My parents made me DD and I experienced driving around the Arc de Triomphe during rush hour. Insane.

SomethingSmarter said...

Are you planning on eating mussels and cream? At least now if you get tanked drinking wine, you are legal :)! Don't let Dad decide which way to go on the Metro. ;)